The Data Scientist reports to the Director - Supply Chain Center of Excellence (CoE) and is responsible for identifying and leading supply chain analytics-based initiatives globally for Fortune Brands Global Plumbing Group (GPG) that will help create a competitively advantaged supply chain. Responsibilities include supporting and driving the strategy to employ advanced analytics in Supply Chain, collaborating enterprise-wide to solve complex and impactful problems, and elevate Supply Chain's advanced analytics expertise. Collectively, these activities will create value by improving customer experience, costs, and inventory productivity along with building capabilities to enable growth.
- Lead supply chain analytics-based initiatives for a wide range of opportunities in parallel. Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes gathering data, engaging stakeholders, gaining insights, developing solutions, and presenting recommendations.
- Drive the implementation of the supply chain analytics vision and strategy to improve customer experience, costs, and inventory productivity.
- Support and elevate Supply Chain's advanced analytics capabilities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams spanning GPG, customers, and suppliers to carry out analytical vision and implement developed solutions.
- Apply creative thinking to large, complex data sets to create value for GPG and its customers. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems applying advanced analytical methods as needed.
- Build positive and productive relationships with Supply Chain, Business Units, customers, suppliers, and other functions within GPG to create and leverage advanced analytics.
- Provide advanced analytics teaching and coaching for Supply Chain Associates to significantly increase organizational expertise.
- Support the external benchmarking of best practices (e.g., presentation, publications, competitions) through analytics industry associations (e.g., INFORMS, POMS, APICS).
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Statistics or a quantitative field of study (including Business) is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience applying advanced analytics with a Master's Degree or 2 years of experience with a Ph.D. inclusive of previous significant industry experience (e.g., internships, PhD collaborations etc.).
- Hands-on experience performing data mining, manipulating large-scale data, and visualizing data (e.g., JMP, Tableau, Qlik, R, Python) is required.
- Hands-on experience using scripting (e.g., SAS), optimization modeling (e.g., CPLEX, AMPL), and programming languages (e.g., R, Matlab, Python) is required.
- Hands-on experience applying machine learning and predictive analytics is strongly preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt is required and Black Belt or equivalent is preferred.
- Supply chain and/or operations experience is required.
- Proven track record of conceiving, leading, and delivering value from advanced analytics initiatives.
- Skillful in collaborating and communicating with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.