Would you enjoy driving results for a global Fortune 500 Company? Join Ecolab's industry leading Food & Beverage team as a Food, Beverage & Dairy Plant Sanitation - Account Manager Intern. We are seeking highly motivated students to gain valuable hands-on experience in the food & beverage manufacturing industry by learning the various components involved in serving Ecolab customers. We are increasing food safety and product quality, enhancing sustainability and boosting operational efficiency. We provide cleaning and sanitation solutions to food, beverage, and dairy manufacturing environments through a dual focus on sales and technical service/consultation to new and existing customers. As strong business partners, Ecolab works with customers to develop sanitation plans and programs, evaluate processes and procedures, troubleshoot technical issues and identify and implement operational efficiencies.
Interns will work closely with existing Account Managers in customer plant environments, focusing on food safety and food quality using effective, efficient sanitation products and processes. As strong business partners, our Account Managers work with customers to develop sanitation plans and programs, evaluate processes and procedures, and identify and implement operational efficiencies. Not only do our interns learn the daily responsibilities of an Ecolab Account Manager, but they also work on specific value-add projects throughout the summer for which they ultimately present the findings to our leadership team.
Currently seeking interns for the following locations:
- Iowa/Nebraska (Omaha, Des Moines, Sioux City, Lincoln)
- Mankato, MN
- Chicago, IL
- Indianapolis, IN
- Winston-Salem, NC
- Ohio (Cleveland, Columbus, Akron)
- Atlanta, GA
- Newark, NJ
- Corning-Elmira, NY
- Twin Falls, Idaho
- Tri-Cities, WA (Richland, Kennewick, Pasco)
- Northern California (Sacramento or Modesto)
- Fresno-Bakersfield, California
- Jackson, MS
- El Paso, TX
- Wichita, KS
What's in it For You:
- Consideration for our full-time entry level Account Manager in Training opportunity upon graduation
- Work with a variety of food, beverage, and dairy manufacturing customers
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Mentorship & guidance from tenured associates and experts to help build your career
What You Will Do:
- Work alongside successful Account Managers and other field associates to learn customers' operations, understand their cleaning & sanitizing challenges, and devise solutions to meet their needs
- Cultivate business relationships with all levels of plant staff through professional demeanor & interpersonal skills
- Apply mechanical aptitude to repair, adjust, test & install Ecolab chemical dispensing systems & food, beverage & dairy processing equipment including clean in place (CIP) equipment & systems
- Provide industry expertise & training to customers regarding plant sanitation, standard operating procedures & issues of food safety/quality
- Introduce new product/service offerings to existing accounts to help them disinfect surfaces in a plant facility
- Learn how to successfully prospect to generate new business
- Currently pursuing bachelor's degree in food science, engineering, chemistry or food/agriculture related science to be completed in December 2020 or Summer of 2021
- Willingness & ability to work off hours, including nights & weekends
- Valid driver's license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and access to a personal vehicle
- No Immigration Sponsorship available for this opportunity
- Attendance at a Food & Beverage core school or actively recruited program
- General mechanical ability
- Bilingual - English / Spanish
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong follow-through and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and to adapt to changing priorities
About Ecolab Food & Beverage:
See how Ecolab helps make 27% of the worlds processed food safe. In Food & Beverage, you'll help a wide variety of food, beverage, and brewery processors manage the increasing risks of food-borne illness and contamination. By providing cleaning and sanitizing programs, animal care products, antimicrobial food tissue treatment and many other operational efficiency and product quality programs, Ecolab offers the opportunity to work with a combination of innovation and world-class service.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.