The Manager, Business Intelligence Systems is responsible for leading the development, testing and implementation for Business Intelligence (BI) systems supporting global business reporting, dashboards and analytic systems for a $2 billion consumer durable goods company. He/She will collaborate with global business leaders and stakeholders to identify, design and implement BI systems and dashboards. This includes the execution of the BI vision through design and oversight of multiple, complex BI projects leveraging enterprise-wide transaction, strategic reporting, predictive and cognitive analytics platforms across multiple brands, business units and shared service functions.
- Collaborate with Global Plumbing Group's (GPG's) business leaders and multi-discipline functional groups to develop, communicate, and deliver comprehensive Business Intelligence (BI) systems for meeting key business stakeholders' expectations. Identify and create distinct competitive advantages through the strategic use of information and BI technologies for business reporting, dashboard systems, predictive and cognitive analytics systems, workflow systems, and decision support systems.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and functional leaders to develop BI and data science capabilities across the global business units and shared services.
- Create, deploy, and adopt key performance indicators and BI analytics to key business unit stakeholders and functional leaders. Act as a partner to business stakeholders in developing and supporting BI tools and management dashboards.
- Implement new BI analytics and tools to efficiently and accurately analyze and synthesize consumer, influencer, market and business insights to better predict and develop growth strategies. Implement and utilize predictive and cognitive analytic capabilities to better predict market trends on a global basis.
- Develop and communicate BI project goals, tactics, work plans, timelines, key milestones, and key performance metrics for enabling GPG's business vision to be the #1 faucet company in GPG's strategic markets.
- Partner with Business Unit stakeholders to identify information, reporting, and strategic analytical needs and priorities.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and establish business processes and information systems for maintaining data governance and data integrity.
- Lead a team of BI technical professionals responsible for designing, developing, testing, training, deploying and supporting large and complex BI projects involving new business processes, information systems, reporting, dashboards, predictive and decision support solutions and BI platforms.
- Coordinate and lead GPG's BI teams through the design, development, and implementation of business and IT processes, including; budgets, system change control, audits, disaster recovery tests, system upgrades, IT helpdesk tickets and successful delivery of BI projects.
- Establish and maintain excellent inter-department communication so that roles, requirements, dependencies, key decisions, and work processes are clearly articulated and understood by all as BI projects evolve or change.
- Develop, direct, coordinate and evaluate the BI team. Provide direction, guidance, feedback and coaching through monthly 1:1 meetings. Evaluate associate performance twice annually. Reward and recognize key accomplishments / successes. Develop succession candidates through stretch assignments and additional leadership skill training.
- Maintain a high level of BI project delivery (at least 90% of projects on-time and within budget) and system availability of 99.95%, system response time below 1 sec and, budget performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Sciences, Analytics, Mathematics or a related field is required. MBA in Marketing, Operations Research, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or Analytics is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in application system design, development, testing and implementation to include a minimum of 5 years of experience leading comprehensive BI projects and systems.
- Technical experience requirements are as follows:
- Extensive working knowledge of business reporting / BI technologies and systems.
- Extensive experience leading cross-functional teams to successfully design, develop and implement BI dashboards, predictive and cognitive analytic systems.
- Strong working knowledge of current BI and Data Governance tools and platforms, including: Qlikview, Qliksense, Tableau, Rapidminer, Python, SAP Hana, Master Data Governance (MDG) and Metadata Cataloging tools.
- Experience leveraging Agile Development methods including tool selection and solution implementation experience.
- Experience combining transactional ERP systems with BI reporting/analytics into a comprehensive set of tools to drive business unit growth strategies, consumer brand awareness / engagement, associate productivity, new product predictability / speed to market, business reporting, and decision making.
- Experience managing large complex business intelligence and dynamic data warehouse structures, related data extract/transform/load (ETL) technologies, reporting / business intelligence systems across the global enterprise.
- Experience designing and implementing global agile development models and working in a Scrum or Kanban agile format.
- Experience implementing ERP and BI systems and providing IT leadership and support for geographically dispersed business units.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, leadership skills and extensive track record working cross functionally at multiple organizational levels (from Senior VP / VP level to Supervisors).
- Ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Ability to establish and articulate BI project goals, priorities, develop and execute BI projects, track and measure results.
- Successful track record of collaboration within organizations as well history of successfully leading and motivating staff.
- Strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Ability to work effectively across internal functional areas.