The Product Development Data Analyst (will consider Associate and Senior levels) will support Global Product Development project portfolio analytics and reporting within Fortune Brands Global Plumbing Group (GPG). They will assist with the design, implementation, administration, and continuous improvement of Product Development analytics capability required to reach the new product portion of GPG growth targets.
The scope of work includes expanding analytic capabilities within Global Product Development across project management and product engineering functions. This consists of enabling data-driven decision making by supporting the development and optimization of dashboard reporting for executive management, as well as communicating conclusions from aforementioned analytical solutions to a varied audience.
- Act as a point of contact for engineering reports, dashboards and other analytics that will help the global project management and engineering organizations make insightful decisions about the people, processes and products.
- Under the direction of the Senior Project Portfolio Systems Manager, assume project/deliverable ownership for the full lifecycle (cradle to grave) for all relevant dashboards and reports.
- Support the strategic decision-making processes by defining, monitoring and reporting key metrics; Continue to evolve key metrics as business strategies and objectives evolve.
- Track, analyze and report on critical KPI's on a regular cadence; Use data visualization (i.e. create dashboards, graphics and reports) to assist critical decision-makers in effectively interpreting data to arrive at insights.
- Play a key role in generating solutions to complex product development problems by mining data and reports to yield relevant, actionable insights into improving product engineering processes and systems.
- Provide technical subject-matter-expertise in evaluating technology changes that may advance capability.
- Work with stakeholders in determining what analytical improvements are required to drive the achievement of their strategic and business objectives.
- Identify the impact of potential changes, integrate new initiatives with existing processes, and ensure that all processes are consistent and fit together.
- Work with IT and other stakeholders to communicate, test and deploy necessary configuration changes to software (upgrades).
- Support ad hoc analysis requirements based on product development business priority
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science or an equivalent technical degree is required.
- Entry level Associate Product Development Data Analyst in grade 51 does not require any prior experience.
- The Product Data Analyst in grade 52 is an intermediate level role and requires a minimum of 3 years of related analytics experience to include experience in the design and development of insightful portfolio dashboards and analytics.
- The Senior Product Data Analyst in grade 53 is a senior level role and requires a minimum of 5 years of related analytics experience to include experience in the design and development of insightful portfolio dashboards and analytics.
- Experience in the design and development of insightful portfolio dashboards and analytics; in depth knowledge of product engineering project ROI financial metric relationships and interdependencies is required for the Product Data Analyst and Senior Product Data Analyst positions.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite. Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills are preferred.
- The following qualifications are preferred:
- Experience developing reports using reporting tools and dashboards, such as BW Query Design, QlikView or Tableau
- Experience with Product Development and Stage-Gate methodology
- Experience with QlikView
- Experience with SharePoint 2013
- Experience with SAP R3 software
- Experience in merging data from SAP R3 ERP platform with MS Project Server/SQL Server data, and Excel based financial models within QlikView analytics software required.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to persevere to reach objectives for challenging problems.
- Strong communication skills with experience presenting and translating data into decision-ready insights is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Demonstrated passion for learning, adoption of new technology, and independent decision making.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and be able to deal with fluctuating priorities; be a self-starter and work with minimum supervision
FBHS is an equal opportunity employer. FBHS evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
FBHS is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847-484-4587 and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.