Truck Driver Helper
Associate is responsible for assisting in the delivery of material to customer job sites. Truck Driver Helpers must maintain a professional image and be courteous to all customers. They are responsible for building loads for deliveries and maintaining a safe, clean and well organized lumber yard; loading and unloading of lumber and/or building supplies, and operating a forklift. Responsibilities/Duties
Essential Functions Required Skills
- Assist with delivering material to customer job sites.
- Build loads for delivery.
- Load and unload lumber and building supplies.
- Operates forklift.
- Keeps lumber yard clean, well-organized and safe.
Additional Competencies Required Education
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to others one-on-one.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out simple one or two-step instructions; deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training. Details
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position requires driving for long periods of time in a truck as well as working in the lumber yard. Truck Driver Helpers work near moving mechanical parts and in highly precarious places. This position can involve working outdoors or being exposed to wet, humid, extremely hot or extremely cold conditions. This position can be exposed to vibrations, airborne particles or toxic chemicals. There may be a risk of electrical shock.
Requires frequent standing, walking, hearing, reaching with hands and arms. Also uses hands to grasp, handle or feel. This position also frequently lifts up to 80 pounds, climbs and balances.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work depends on hours of operations, 45+ hours per week.
Local travel is expected for this position.