About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world's leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our 1,500-plus technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
This position is based in our Concord, NH office. The Structural Engineer P.E. or S.E. Shall be proficient in the analysis, design, specification and modeling of building systems and elements constructed of structural steel, light gage metal framing, reinforced concrete, and masonry systems. He/She must have excellent communication skills while collaborating effectively and efficiently with the various teams of engineers and architects on projects all over the country. He/She will work directly with other licensed engineers and experienced designers in order to design structural systems for manufacturing, distribution and other industrial and commercial facilities.
- 5+ years' experience with hands on facility structural engineering design demonstrating an ability to analyze, design, and model structural building systems, as well as production of construction documents, specifications, statement of special inspections, calculation packages, and reports.
- In the case of a Structural E.I.T. applicant. Must have minimum of 2-3 yrs experience, taken and passed F.E. exam, currently registered as an E.I.T. Willing, able and qualified to take the P.E. or S.E. exam in the next 6-9 months.
- Create and assemble complete sets of structural construction documents using AutoCAD.
- Experience sealing construction documents as Engineer of Record.
- Excellent computer skills and working experience with AutoCAD, Revit Structure, and various Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency using structural analysis software using programs such as RAM Structural System, RAM Elements, STAAD Pro, and/or RISA 3D is required.
- Experience in the design of facilities for food/beverage, Pharma/life science, distribution, and consumer products manufacturing is highly desired, Large Industrial building design experience will be considered.
- Travel: We are licensed for facility engineering across the United States. Professionals can expect 10 - 15% travel to project sites and other offices for collaboration, training and other purposes.
- Relocation: We are looking for Candidates local to the area. Relocation assistance is available for the highly qualified applicant.
- The Structural Engineer shall work directly with the Structural Department Manager, other licensed engineers/architects and experienced designers to produce a cohesive and coordinated set of construction documents and project specifications.
- Complete load calculations and analysis with a demonstrated ability to complete structural system designs, lateral analysis, member sizing, foundation design and report writing.
- Review submittals, answer RFI's, as well as observe and report on installations of structural systems during construction.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to less-experienced engineers and designers.
- Ability to function comfortably, gain trust, con?dence and deal effectively with a wide range of individuals including consultants, contractors, clients, code officials and DGFS project team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills working within a technical environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design environment effectively and efficiently.
- BS Structural Engineering is required (or Civil Engineering with a Structural focus).
- P.E. license is required. (S.E. license or having passed the S.E. exam is preferred)
- In the case of a Structural E.I.T. applicant. Must have taken and passed F.E. exam, currently registered as an E.I.T. Willing, able and qualified to take the P.E. or S.E. exam in the next 6-12 months.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Company:Design Group FS Inc