About Us:BW Papersystems, part of Barry-Wehmiller, combines extremely strong brands, innovative technologies and long-standing global experience in the corrugating and finishing, sheeting and packaging, and stationery, book-binding and security-documents industries. BW Papersystems brings together 11 brands-BW Bielomatik (BWB), BWP Zerand, Curioni, JAG SYNCHRO, K&H Machinery Co. Ltd., Kugler-Womako, MarquipWardUnited (MWU), SHM, VortX, WillPemcoBielomatik (WPB) and Wrapmatic-that synthesize manufacturing in the paper process industries. We offer market-leading technology for full corrugators in a variety of configurations, rugged rotary die cutters and flexo folder gluers, as well as starch-mixing systems. Customers rely on us for folio-size, cut-size and digital-size sheeting and packaging of paper, board and other materials. In addition, BW Papersystems' portfolio includes stationery, passport production and specialized paper-converting applications, as well as book-on-demand binding lines, digital print finishing and RFID processing technology.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Design, develop, and oversee all aspects of electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery. Responsible for the development, testing, installation, and technical support of PLC and PC based hardware and software. Familiarity with Rockwell and/or Beckhoff controls systems is preferred, but not required. A bachelor's degree in controls/electrical engineering is preferred, but we will entertain candidates with relevant experience in the field or in a related area. Should be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within controls engineering. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Work in a team environment under general supervision; typically report to an engineering leader or supervisor. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is also expected.
A control engineer will:
- Apply standard engineering techniques to design, develop, and maintain instrumentation or controls systems.
- Automate manufacturing or similar processes through the use of instrumentation or controls systems.
- Develop new and modify existing PLC or HMI applications, interfaces, or embedded controls.
- Take an engineering project from work order description through successful testing and customer acceptance.
- Participate in set-up and commissioning of new facilities or upgrading of existing facilities.
- Participate in design reviews to facilitate economical means of machine fabrication.
- Troubleshoot and resolve malfunctions and make recommendations that will improve efficiency or quality of operations.
- Develop procedures for quality control testing, help to write operations and maintenance manuals, and assist in preparing manufacturing procedures for machines she/she has helped to design.
- Participate in prototype and machine testing in production, as well as in R&D. Occasionally will travel with appropriate instrumentation and parts to customer sites to participate in installations, start-ups, troubleshooting, and field tests.
- Document specifications and operating procedures.
- Continually expand, improve the quality of, and document technical process information relevant to system performance.
Skills & Abilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- Professionally communicate with many customers (internal & external) daily.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Thorough, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Print reading - mechanical, electrical, and schematic.
- Independent problem-solving.
- Function well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Must be open to change and continuous improvement.
* Proof of eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship is a requirement of this position.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Company:BWP MWU US - Wisconsin