About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world's leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our 1,500-plus technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world's leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our 1,500-plus technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
We are seeking an executive leader of Procurement to lead our firm-wide procurement efforts. As a provider of design-procure and engineer-procurement-construction solutions, Design Group purchases capital equipment, components, IT hardware, software applications, services, and construction materials/labor on behalf of our clients. We have annual spend in the range of $150MM.
The executive Procurement Leader is responsible to drive consistent procurement practices across the firm, negotiate supplier terms to meet business and financial goals, and provide leadership and strategy deployment to improve the procurement function. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and will be located in St. Louis, MO.
- Identify, recommend and qualify suppliers, subcontractors and sub-consultants. Assess financial stability and risk of potential suppliers, subcontractors and sub-consultants.
- Participate directly in the negotiations of price and terms on major purchase orders, sub-contract agreements, and other forms of supply agreements.
- Approve all purchase orders, subcontract agreements and other forms of supply agreements.
- Develop a high performing procurement function providing supervision, training, coaching and feedback to improve performance in meeting individual and firm-wide goals.
- Create and implement Procurement and Supply Chain KPI's to measure performance and monitor trends in supplier and contract base to address cost, supply risks, and opportunities for improvement.
- Partner with teams and leaders across the firm to identify and forecast business needs and create highly effective strategic supplier, contract, and negotiation programs.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement, ensure process compliance, and help scale in a fast paced environment with improved processes and automation.
- Develop, manage and continuously improve supplier relationships to drive value for the business.
- Compile and analyze statistical data to determine value improvement opportunities and identify supply risks.
- Collaborate with engineering and construction teams on specifications, pricing, cash flow, scope of supply, and negotiating terms.
- Collaborate with Contracts Manager and Legal Department to negotiate contracts.
- Ensure purchases have appropriate awareness and authority for commitment levels.
- Keep up to date with market trends, prices, and developments.
- Enforce policies and processes applicable to purchases.
- Lead or cause periodic business reviews, compiling feedback from project teams and suppliers.
- Maintain a meaningful supplier knowledge base, including regional coverage, core competencies, and performance history.
- Engage project teams with any potential savings or schedule improvement opportunities presented by suppliers.
- This position requires a four year degree from an accredited college or university, with an emphasis on supply chain, engineering, finance, business, economics or a related field. Procurement certifications are a plus.
- 10+ years of progressive procurement experience and 5+ years of management or leadership experience. Strong preference for experience in construction and capital goods or capital equipment procurement.
- Strong negotiation skills for significant commercial deals.
- Strong analytical skills to assess purchasing history and to develop procurement strategies.
- Understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate business and legal risk.
- Experience in building a procurement function, developing a detailed strategic plan and leading multiple procurement professionals across a number of purchasing categories.
- Excellent communication and listening skills; ability to work cross-functionally; comfort and experience discussing with and presenting to senior leadership.
- Strong change management skills and self-awareness to take varying approaches with a
dynamic set of stakeholders in a complex organization.
- Knowledge and experience with supplier and enterprise risk management.
- Strategic and analytical mindset with the ability to consider non-traditional approaches as the function, our needs and our industry evolves.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Company:Design Group US Inc