Cambria offers a competitive benefits package that encompasses your health and well-being, financial health, retirement planning and time-off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
This position is responsible for inspecting slab quality based on gloss, thickness and other aesthetics that are representative of Cambria.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work while following safety standards and procedures such as lock out/tag out
- Measure slab thickness, check gloss and visually inspect slabs for defects using the standard color for comparison
- Record slab defects and deviations from the standard
- Complete shift start-ups and daily cleaning checklists
- Input the status of slabs into the WCS computer system
- Communicate with the Quality Assurance Supervisor throughout all work shifts
- Ensure that every slab is sent to the proper trolley/stand to keep a consistent flow of production
- Assist the Polishing Operators and Unload Jot Operators as needed
- Keep work station clean and orderly at all times
- Communicate any problems or changes concerning equipment, products or safety with management
- Complete all paperwork in a timely manner and communicate any issues at the shift transition
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- High attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and with a team
- Ability to use subjective reasoning to make decisions
- Reliability and punctuality
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to regularly stand, walk and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to see clearly at close distances and long distances
- Accurate color perception required
- Ability to detect defects and imperfections in finished product
- Ability to work in a noisy environment
- Ability to wear respirator when required
- Ability to work in wet and/or humid conditions occasionally
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, WCS and ERP programs)