Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for a Technical Services Manager. This person is responsible for all the maintenance of buildings, grounds and production equipment. Oversees a group of skilled employees engaged in the construction, repair and maintenance of plant and equipment. Coordinates outside contracts, physical moves, rearrangementof machinery and equipment, machine rebuilds andmaintenance activities.Ensures compliance with applicable codes, andmaintains disaster equipment. Subordinates include electricians, mechanics, technicians, supervisor, machine repairers, and engineers.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Ensures and encourages a safe working environment bypromoting safety & environmental compliance with all safety rules and procedures in the department.
- Conducts prompt and thorough accident investigations. Promotes continuous improvement in safety and environmental areas.
- Directshourly employees engaged in the maintenance, repair, and installation of production equipment and building services.
- Coordinates with other staff functions, throughout all phases of shop operations to satisfy the information requirements consistent with implementation timetables and budgetary goals.
- Manage relationships with outside contractors and service providers
- Operates a preventative and predictive maintenance program and maintains related database and forms
- Schedule labor effectively to maximize productivityin maintenance activities by minimizing downtime, unnecessary production losses, and production delays.
- Assistsoperating departments in disposition of problems arising from operation, maintenance. Coordinates installation of electrical, mechanical, air, gas, and plumbing systems.
- Plans, estimates cost, and oversees physical moves orrearrangement of machinery and equipment. Works closelyand consults with engineers inpreparation of layout revisions.
- Works closely with local fire, building, insurance and otherinspectors to ensure compliance with applicable codes.
- Provides for on-the-job training, rotates job assignments for flexibility, reviews work performance, maintains discipline, and participates in the handling of any problems.
- Maintains overtime and vacation records.
- Maintains good labor relations and discipline within thedepartment, and handles employee problems.
- Reviews work performance, assures efficiency of employees and proper utilization of machines.
- Maintainsequipment and tools to ensure they are kept ingood working condition, assures proper use of machine
EDUCATION: Technical degree required. Preferred degree is in Engineering or Electrical. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Five (5) years experience in buildingmanagement with maintenance supervision experience.
- Must have knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled