The Senior Director of Remediation will manage and oversee technically complex environmental liability projects involving contaminated site cleanups and unit/site closures. This position will provide technical guidance for project strategies and project management coordination across multiple internal and external resources.
The Senior Director will also select and support the technical approach and cost estimates associated with recalcitrant contaminants and off-site contaminant migration, with negotiated buy-in from regulatory agencies and affected parties. This individual will use robust but developing technologies in consideration of demonstrated success and cost effectiveness to overcome technical roadblocks and shorten project life spans.
Position can sit anywhere within the United States.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Develop project scopes and dynamic strategies, and perform or oversee associated cost estimating, subcontractor selection, and agency approval;
- Manage individual environmental liability project reserves, providing 5-year zero-based reviews for each, and maintaining spending at or below budgeted levels;
- Assure that Purchase Orders and/or Executed Contracts are in effect for outside contractors or for outside direct costs, including holding service providers accountable to a defined scope and contract terms and conditions;
- Manage and track project POs against project invoices to support processing through Accounts Payable;
- Direct participation in weekly and/or monthly status and spending reviews with the VP of Environmental Liabilities, VP of Remediation & Disc Ops, and the Environmental Accounting Manager;
- Support quarterly budget reviews with Senior management by providing accurate spending and updated spending forecast. Proved auditable support for changes in projected spending as needed;
- Prepare and submit Reserve Creation and /or Reserve Modification Forms as needed in advance of PO issuance or project spending;
- Use experience and other resources to seek creative solutions, such as innovative technologies, to expedite project completion and reduce environmental reserves in a compliant manner, as feasible and practicable;
- Submit permit renewals, regulatory compliance plans, and findings reports as required by federal or state agencies. Maintain complete project files and provide key submittals to the VP of Environmental Liabilities for corporate files;
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor's Degree required specializing in Civil, Structural, Environmental or Chemistry;
- Master's Degree, Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Geologist (PG), or Certified Hazardous Material Manager preferred;
- 10+ years experience;
- Ability to manage multiple remediation projects;
- Ability to negotiate favorable agreements with regulators, neighbors/landlords, financial reps, and contractors;
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Proficient in Windows based applications;
- Advanced working knowledge of contaminant transport, cost estimating, and applicable state and federal regulations;
- Able to review and interpret technical specifications and drawings;
- Advanced knowledge of environmental geology, chemistry, and engineering.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at .
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.